Monday, July 2, 2012

Visiting Morocco With Cynthia

On my three-day weekend between June 15th and 17th, I went with a couple of other girls in the Engineering program in Seville to Morocco with a travel group called Discover Sevilla. We visited a city called Chefchaouen that I will never forget.

The city itself is one of the cleanest cities I have visited yet, despite being in a third-world country. The entire city is also painted blue and white. These colors represent tranquility and love as well as keep the temperature cooler. They also have an area in the center of town where all the water comes down from the mountains, and everyone comes to get water and wash their clothes. It is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen.

Although Morocco is a third-world country, the city of Chefchaouen is very safe and has a lot of hospitality for foreigners. Many of the vendors speak fluent English and Spanish and are very willing to negotiate prices. We also visited another city named Tetouan which had over 700 years of Jewish and Islamic history. The trip to Morocco is defiantly worth the time. Did I mention that you get to ride a camel?

No comments:

Post a Comment