Saturday, July 28, 2012

Our Group Trips by Michael

The first of the trips we took this summer was to Italica. It was really enjoyable to see all of the old ruins and, since we all went as a group, having other people helping you look around was a plus. Looking at the old coliseum, homes and roads of the old Romans was really interesting. To see that some of the items that were so old yet still in good condition was really amazing. The top of the hill provided an awesome view of the surrounding areas.

Going to the soccer or futbol game between Spain and China was an awesome and fun activity. This wasn’t with Texas Tech but with just some friends and a good opportunity to have some good times. It was really good timing because it was the last friendly game before the Euro Cup. I went with Brandt, Casey and Joey. Spain won so it was a good time to be in Spain.

Toledo was an amazing stop on the way to the Madrid. The bus passed through a narrow castle gate/wall that was really cool. The bus driver was awesome at that. Then, we went to a Church to see the painting, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz, which is probably El Greco's most famous painting. After that, we went to some of the sword shops for which Toledo is well known. I got an amazing Damascus steal knife. It is such a good one that I know I will enjoy it for a long time. A lot of my friends also got some cool swords and knives as well.

In Madrid, we got to see three of the world's top art museums in only two days. My favorite of the three was the Prado museum. I have to say that the art there was a little more classical and that’s probably why I liked it with the Goya dark paintings and the Velasquez’s and the El Greco paintings. Just staying at the hotel and hanging out with friends for one of the nights was really fun. On the second night, we went to a club called the Kapital. It cost 20 euros to get in but was totally worth it and I enjoyed every second with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment