Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chris is a Foodie

Aside from speaking the Spanish language and dressing with Spanish clothes, the Spanish food is also a great way to integrate into the Spanish Culture. When coming into my host mom’s house, I didn’t really know what to expect. I didn’t realize that I would be fed so much food! Honestly I can say that I have never left the dinner table without a full stomach. The first night we had Paella, which is a mixture of Rice, Lemon, Seafood, Peppers, Tomatoes, Chicken, Rabbit, Green beans, and a lot of other ingredients.

While staying at my host mom’s house, we also had some Pollo(chicken) and Patatas (Potatoes). It sounds simple enough, but it was very good. One thing that I’ve noticed is that the food, compared to the normal American food that we all eat, is actually pretty healthy. Usually there is little to no dressing and everything, if fried, is cooked in olive oil.

Throughout my stay my host mom also made a dish called “Tortilla de Patatas” which is basically a Spanish Omelette. This dish consists of eggs, onions, potatoes, and more ingredients. Even though this dish is very simple, I would say that it is up there in my list of favorites. Because of the amount of food that day, I’m almost sure that I was stumbling as I got up from the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment